- Never, NEVER, N!E!V!E!R! go shopping with your husband on President's Day! If the filled-to-over-flowing-parking-lot doesn't put your husband in a bad mood, the throngs of meandering shoppers will! I forgot how busy of a shopping-day President's Day is.
- Turning the Entertainment news off for one day--will count on Kristen for any need-to-know Celebrity news. If I hear one more chaotic account of the life and death of Anna Nicole Smith--I may need prescription drugs!
- 9th grade son is back at school today--returning from a very nice long four day weekend. It will be a long day for him as he has a basketball game tonight at 6:00 p.m.
- Feeling a little anxious this a.m.; first online class tonight. I will meet with the other online students for Family Systems, Structures and Relationships from 8:00 - 8:45 p.m. Not bad--45 minutes of instruction; 20 hours of research for the paper due next week: "Describe ways that families have changed over the past 100 years." Certainly, one of the first things that comes to mind--indoor plumbing! And then there's transportation: no matter how frustrating yesterday's shopping experience was--at least we didn't have to hook the team of horses and ride into town on a rickety buggy! Then there's Cyberspace! Communication, calendars, and socialization have never been so easy! I think my Professor wants a little something more: Divorce rate: up, Marriage rates: down, cohabitation: up. The definition of marriage--changing; family--changing; roles--changed.
- What are some of your first thoughts on how the family has changed over the last 100 years?