Just a few perplexing thoughts on this Monday morning:
- Hubby left last night for London. Upon his arrival to the hotel, he called home. How did he forget so quicly there is a major time difference between London and Minneapolis? How happy he was as he called, "Good Morning Baby!" My raspy 5:00 a.m. voice must have triggered his memory because he apologized profusely for waking me. Then, sweetly, he asked me if I would set the alarm for 6:30 a.m. so I could call him back to wake him for his lunch appointment. When did he lose his mind? Don't they have wake-up calls at the hotel?
- 14 years old son was packing to go to the cabin with 25 year old daugher and son-in-law. Whit his booming voice he bellowed throughout the house, "Where are my swim trunks, where are my golf shoes, where are my underwear?" NOW, I ask each of you, when do you suppose the last time was that I wore any of those things??????
- Son's dog, Jersey, and daughter's dog, Zoey, are gonna kill me! The rapid-fire chihuahua was trying to escape my grip so I leaned over to grab her--she was gone! Boxing her into a corner, I leaned down to the right with both arms outstretched to grab the nasty little princess.......and when I picked my left foot up to rebalance myself--Zoey ran between my feet and I fell directly on my face--landing solidly onto the pavement. My inner lip is now on the outside of my face, my nose is swollen to othe point that as I type I see its shadow....and I am bruised, not only under my nose, but on my left cheekbone, above my left eyebrow, my right whoulder and my left knee! I'm going upstairs now to put another ice-pack on my face and to consult with the Dentist as to whether or not it is normal for my two front teeth to wobble. I may have to call a plastic surgeon--cuz I'm pretty sure my left nostril is not suppose to be two inches higher than my right one! Whose dogs are they anyway--why was I letting them out to go potty?
- But before I go, here's a sign I discovered at the park I visited Thursday morning after dropping off 14 year old son at his last day of school. Feeling a little sentimental as Thursday was not only his last day of school for this year, it was his last day of Middle School; he will be a high-schooler next Fall. (There's another perplexing question--how did THAT happen!) So I drove to the City Park on Long Lake, where as a young boy, we regularly visited. Wanting to sit quietly and reflect on my son's journey to High School, I pulled into the parking lot of the City Park on Long Lake and saw this:
SERPENTS?????? I live in Minnesota for crying out loud; we don't have SERPENTS! Furthermore, what's with the bold, block, in-your-face-lettering; this is the western suburbs of Minneapolis! We don't do bold! We're understated! We beautify our problems! Geesh! And all I wanted to do was reminisce! Serpents!
One more perplexing question, as I can't seem to publish this on blogger and my ice-pack is waiting!
- What are cookies and why was my browser's cookie functionality disabled!?!?! I didn't touch my internet settings--honest, I promise! How do these things happen?