Friday, June 09, 2006

Friday's Feast of Blogging

We have definitely worked up our appetites this week for blogging! Stop over at She Lives and leave a thank you gift of comment! But before you leave, sit down, relax, and enjoy the first ever addition of Friday's Feast of Blogging!

Appetizer: Do you have a mission statement (or purpose) for your blog?

My original mission statement was to blog openly and honestly about standing in the gap for prodigal children; to edify, to encourage, to support, and to provide a venue for other parents to gather together while praying for our lost children. While that mission statement remains, I have added a few other goals since that time. As blog-friendships developed, my prayer has become that no matter the painful circumstance, that my blog (and those I visit), not just point to the obvious pain of life, but that my underlying focus is to point others to the only One who can heal and restore: to bring glory to God!

I have also finetuned my mission statement to include FUN! We are not only promised answers to our prayers--we are promised abundant living!

Soup: What kind of blog post warms your soul?

This is easy--those posts that are honest, authentic, and welcoming! I love transparent writing; writing that makes me feel like I've known the author, personally, for a lifetime!

Salad: What creative blogging tool has freshened your daily life?

Tuesday's Treasures, Works-for-me Wednesday's, and Thursday's Thirteen are just a few that delight!

Main Course: What blogger has made the strongest impression on you?

I've already highlighted the importance of my first blogging friend, Cindy. Over this past week, I have also linked several other bloggers who have touched my life daily and am currently working to increase my blogroll. As I become less fearful of going into my template and destroying all of blogdom, I plan to add other meaningful blogs. Another person who visits (not a blogger yet, but we're working on her) is Dawn. Her own prodigal son is returning home June 30th after spending 18 months at Teen Challenge. Can't wait for the Homecoming Celebration Dawn!!!!!! And I can not ignore the significance of every visitor who comments! Your willingness to take the time to post, to share your lives with me by commenting and allowing me to visit your blogs has strenthened my faith and made a lasting impression on my life!

Dessert: Describe why blogging continues to leave you feeling satisfied.

Dessert is the best part of any meal as far as I'm concerned! I can't wait for this part of our feast! This is the same anticipation I feel each morning as I log online and race to my blog to see who has visited! And since I love a good cup of coffee with dessert, I'm off to brew a fresh pot. Hope you have enjoyed our Friday's Feast of Blogging. Let me know if you host your own Friday's Feast--I'll be sure to drop by!

7 comments:

boomama said...

Diane - Your blog is so warm, so welcoming - just like this post. And I take two Equals and a little cream in my coffee. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you again for your encouraging words. We are excited and a bit nervous. At least I am! Three weeks from right now we will be at his graduation.

Have any of you read Prodigals and Those Who Love them by Ruth Graham? What a great story about Franklin, who is now leading his father's ministry. He wrote his own book, also called Rebel With a Cause, I believe.

Carol said...

Did you make up these questions yourself? This is great! I could have used them at She Lives this morning. One post per day at that 7 Day thing is enough for me!

I'll play. Let's see...

Appetizer: Do you have a mission statement (or purpose) for your blog?

I thought I did, but I'm not so sure anymore.

She Lives exists to give insight, to celebrate Christ, to disciple, encourage and uplift His women and, most of all, to glorify the Father.

Soup: What kind of blog post warms your soul?

I really like friendly blogs that reflect the nuances of of the author's life and faith. I make myself read several theologically intellectual blogs and a few political blogs, mostly to keep me grounded.

Salad: What creative blogging tool has freshened your daily life?

"Tuesday's Treasures, Works-for-me Wednesday's, and Thursday's Thirteen are just a few that delight!"

Yeah, I like those, too! And I like blog carnivals, although I haven't participated in one recently.

Main Course: What blogger has made the strongest impression on you?

I don't think I can just pick one. So many have made huge impression from different directions. I probably look like a blog golf ball from it all. (blogolf ball?)


Dessert: Describe why blogging continues to leave you feeling satisfied.

I'm not sure that it does, really. I learned years ago that only Christ satisfies me. I do enjoy blogging because I so love the whole concept of interactive writing within the sphere of my own creativity. Unlike a message board or forum, I get to pick the design and topics. I also get to choose who I read in turn. Right now though, I am not satisfied with blogging or with my blog. I'm always looking to improve both.

Great questions! Thanks for doing this.

Anonymous said...

i know just waht you mean! a couple of weeks ago I was the one to be first at She Lives. Ahhh, still remembering the adrenaline rush...

Anonymous said...

Oh.my.goodness. I should have visited your Friday's feast yesterday. I would have joined your questions. But Carol's questions were great too. :). Thank you for sharing your insights on blogging this week - still my favorite one was your T13 post about blogging. Still laughing about that one and I am going over to read it a third time.
Happy blogging - thanks for stopping by this past week.
Don't forget the training camp on Thursday...

C. H. Green said...

Maybe it's all the coffee keeping me up late at night. It's midnight now, and I'm not the least bit sleepy.

rena said...

Diane, I've come to really value you and your blogging. You are always encouraging, and honest. Thank you. Liz at Looney4sure sent me tips on how to do a blogroll on mine and when I get it done, you'll be one it for sure!
Have a great Sunday. Enjoy