I'm still trying to figure out my internet hook-up at the Lake....can't load the photo's I want to load--so I will load Chili's this morning as my Tuesday Treasure! Chili's you ask? It's a long story....I'll make it short.
The real treasure of this day is that our home-bound son has a job. He has been back in Minnesota for 9 days and he applied, interviewed, and got the job! And the real treasure is: he doesn't have to speak Japanese!
His first day on the job is Friday!
Why is this such a treasure? For those of you who do not have grown children, let me expound!
- It IS a good thing when your grown children are gainfully employed
- It IS difficult in this modern day of technology to escape your past. The internet holds every mistake you have ever made and 2nd chances are hard to come by these days.
- It IS such a good feeling when your child has a success.
- It IS worthy of many PRAISES when your prodigal begins to understand that the way he/she is living is just too hard and begins to want the better way.
- It IS a God-thing when you overhear a conversation between your prodigal and his Dad:
"Dad, I don't want to really talk about it--I'm superstitious and don't want to jinx it!" "Son, this is the time for prayer! Take your anxiety to God, tell Him all about your worries. He loves you, Son; He would love to hear from you!"
The real treasure for this Tuesday is from Jeremiah 29: 11: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
I am resting in His hope and His promise for my son's future. That is a treasure!