Tuesday, June 20, 2006

TREASURE TUESDAY
I have a friend, Tess, who is wonderfully creative and talented! She also has a boat-load of energy and gets more things done in one day than I do in an entire week! My treasure today has been made by Tess. She loves, that's L.O.V.E.S., garage saling and going to flea markets. While I grew up wearing hand-me-downs and sleeping on other people's donated beds, I do not share her love for these things. However, I treasure the Survival kit she gave me a couple of years ago! She has a growing business called "Born Again." Her business card says:
"Therefore, if anyone is in Chirst, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
2 Corinthians 5:17
Creating my art from discards and recycled materials has been inspired by this awesome promise from God and with gratitude for what he is doing in me!
Using a simple lunch box, Tess created "Diane's Survival Kit" which contains beautifully crafted notecards that are filled with Bible verses, Prayers, Promises, and cards for me to fill in the blanks or write my own favorite verses on. My Survival Kit is setting nearby my computer and each day as I open my Survival Kit, I am reminded of my dear friends ability to take something old or tossed aside and make it inspiring! God's promises are like that--no matter what I face today--no matter what circumstances you find your self in--God is there with us. I know this to be true, for one of Tess' note cards tells me! Romans 9:38....neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Furthermore, she included the prayer written by Shirley Hile Powell to affirm God's presence in my life--in our lives. And to reinforce this spiritual lesson, Tess, the ever energetic friend and skilled teacher, gave me an assignment of sorts: I get to fill in the blanks-->

"He has said, "I will never ___________________you or __________you. " So we can say with ________________, "The Lord is my _____________; I will not be _________________."

Hebrews 13: 5-6

What a treasure my friend Tess is!

18 comments:

Sonya said...

What a fantastic idea! I just caught up on your posts...how beautiful.

Dawn said...

What a clever and special friend! I wish I were even half that creative. You are blessed.

Kim from Hiraeth said...

Oh, I have several friends who could use a box like that. I think I better get busy. . .

rena said...

Great treasure ... both the survival kit and the friend who made, Tess! You are blessed to have a friend like that.
Enjoy your day!

Heather Smith said...

Awesome! I love gifts that mean something. I mean clothes and things are nice, but when things have spiritual value, those are the best gifts!

Overwhelmed! said...

Now that is a great way to use your God-given talents! Good for Tess!

I've posted a TT as well, about my Grandma G. Stop by and take a peek. :)

Michelle said...

What an awsome treasure that is...and a truly wonderful friend! The Survival Box is such a neat idea!

Karla said...

That is one cool treasure!!!
And a great friend. =)

C. H. Green said...

Thanks for the great post today. I'm home trying to get myself together and do a little around the house. Took a break to catch up on my friends. The prayers are coming in. Thank you so much for lifting us up during this difficult time.

Just Nancy said...

This is FABULOUS!!! I would love to have osmething like this. What a treasure (both the box and the friend!)

Thanks for visiting my treasure and I'll get a picture from my brother of the painting he picked out and let you know about it!

Anonymous said...

That is a great little handy thing!!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

What a neat gift. I wish I had the time to make things like that. My scrapbooking is all that I can get done and I have so much of it to do that it makes my head swim just "thinking" about it!! Thanks for stopping by my site. YOurs looks great..Come back sometime....

Cheryl said...

P in P. It is wonderful to find a friend who will encourage you in that way!

Thanks for the post you left for me. My eldest who will be home soon from Marine boot camp...well, I experienced a lot of silence with her. Right before she left, she began to realize a lot of important "things" about life and we began to reconnect. I look forward to her return so I can put my arms around her and just listen to her tell me all about whatever she wants. I pray for you and your 14 year old for some good noise time together. May God give you wisdom to know how to bring this about!

Tina said...

That's a wonderful idea! I love garage sales too. I am just not as creative as Tess.

Brenda said...

Two treasures in one! Great gift idea, and something we all should have.

My treasure for today: the encouragement in your comment on my blog. Thank you so much!

Sandra said...

What a beautiful treasure, I'm just LOVING it :)

Would love to make myself one of those Survival Kits :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Diane, I have never blogged before, and as you know, I can barely figure out e-mail. I hope you get this! It is 10pm, and I just received your voicemail (after reading your blog and listening to your message, I figured I better not call as you may be getting some much needed rest -I hope! I have spent the past few days cleaning my garage and organizing my "treasures" for my annual garage sale. I was so touched as I read your blog site. I had almost forgotten about the survival kit! The name of the store is MACHEL in Long Lake-near Caribou. There are not any survival kits in my inventory, but I have many other creations there and they all have my tag with 2 Corinthians 5:17. I will be praying and looking forward to talking soon! Love, Tess

Anonymous said...

That is a beatuiful treasure my friend. I like having note-cards like that. Maybe that is something I should be doing as a furture project.