Monday, June 05, 2006

Monday's Musings on Blogging

  • Those who never blog--will never understand!
  • Blogging with a cup of coffee is a good start for every day!
  • What did I do before I started blogging!
  • Blogging provides a global network of resources, experience, and just plain fun people!
  • Meme's are good ways to get to know one another (I've been tagged by Cindy)

Accent: I'm from Minne-sooooooo-ta, regularly make hot dishes, and say "Pop" instead of "soda." However, unlike the movie, Fargo, I do not own a woodchipper!

Best personality trait: Just like a golden retriever, I'm loyal! *(However, unlike "Fido", if my hubby scratches my tummy in just the right place....I'm just as likely to bite as I am to kick my leg!!!!)

Chore I hate to do: Housework! That's a no-brainer.

Dad's name: Donald

Essential Make-up/skin care products: It oughta' be a law--never, NEVER, answer the door or leave the house without being fully dressed! And that includes my face for goodness sake! Besides, it is a universal rule, the moment I leave to do a few errands without it--I run into that special someone (you know the one...the high school crush, my hubby's favorite former girlfriend!)...and walla! I'm hosed!

Favorite Perfume: Amierge by Givenchy

Gold or silver: Both

Hometown: Born in Grundy Center, Iowa (yes, there IS such a place!), grew up in St. Cloud, Minnesota, and now live in Minneapolis, Minnesota

Interesting fact: I don't know who my biological father is.

Job Title: Like many of you, "Doer of many things!"

Kids: One daughter (25), Son (23), Son (14) Foster Daughter (30), 3 adorable foster granddaughers!

Living Arrangements: For the moment, we live in a western suburb of Minneapolis, on 2 1/2 beautiful acres. My daughter and son-in-law are currently living with us (Yippee!) . I say "for the moment" because my husband daily threatens it is time to "downsize!" We've been looking, but can't find just the right place for 5 people, three dogs, 2 mice and a boat! Downsize! Ha!

Mom's birthplace: Minnesota

Number of apples eaten in the last week: 7

Overnight hospital stays: 3 births, 1 pnemonia, 2 kidney stones, 3 migraines, 1 ovarian cyst explosion and 1 mental health vacation!

Phobia: Since menopause: Heights and tiny spaces (like elevators!)

Question I ask myself a lot: Will I ever get it all done!?!?!?

Religion: Christian. I grew up Assembly of God (charismatic) and my husband grew up Catholic. Knowing these two would be hard to blend, after we got married, we decided to attend a (BGC) Baptist church feeling that would be a good compromise as it is Bible teaching and practices traditions.

Siblings: I am the oldest of five: 4 sisters (one deceased) and 1 brother

Time I wake up: 6:35 a.m.

Unnatural hair color: I have been known to say, "The only mistake God made--was me not being a natural blonde!" So I'd have to say--my natural color (brunette) is unnatural! Although, in an early attempt to be blonde--I managed a soft tint of green highlights!

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Anything with hair on it!

Worst Habit: Procrastinating

X-rays: Lots

Yummy Food I make: My kids love my spaghetti

Zodiac sign: Gemini

  • Blogs are fun! Try not to have fun at Tuesday's Guess it!
  • Blogs make you smile.
  • Blogs make you laugh out loud!
  • Blogs make you cry with joy!
  • Blogs educate.
  • Blogs inspire.
  • Blogs are profoundly moving.
  • Blogs motivate.
  • Blogs challenge.
  • And.....blogs are interactive! Just click on any of the underscored words and you will be blog-surfing! And you have my seal of approval for each blog highlighted! Oh--and one more thing, TAG--you're it! Let us get to know you a little better....post the ABC meme or choose one of your own. We love visiting! We love blogging!

14 comments:

blestwithsons said...

Hey! I'm on motivate! How cool is that!

(cue Elvis voice) Why thank yuh - thank yuh very much!

Morning Glory said...

What a fun post! I'm with you on how enjoyable blogging is!

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

This was a great post - love the links esp to the Blest With Sons entry on blogging rules. I am linking to you and to her today on my post.

Thought I would let you know, since you don't have trackbacks. :)

C. H. Green said...

Hey, thanks for giving me some new places to visit.

oshee said...

I really enjoyed this post. It is always so fun to learn these little bits about other bloggers. On that note:
You've been tagged...
Se7en Meme
Have fun with it...unless of course you've already done this one, or just don't have the time right now.

Faith said...

B- got me giggling on the floor!!

Emily said...

I just don't get sick of learning more about you...

Bar Bar A said...

This was great!!! It was fun to get to know you better and I agree with the first one: Those who never blog will never understand!!! THAT IS SO TRUE! I don't have a single friend or family member who blogs and they just don't get it.

Yellow Mama said...

I'm kind of hooked too

Audrey (aka Amethyst) said...

When I tell most people that I blog I get this blank look that says, "huh?". LOL

As for house-work being a no-brainer, I'm with you girl. Ugh...:-) I'd rather be writing anytime.

Thanks for the great post.

Sue said...

Great post full of lots of fun. I'm going to come back and click on some links later when I have more time. I love memes too, but I've got two to do! (Now that was a weird sentence)
:-)

eph2810 said...

Wow, didn't know that I was a challenge :) or maybe not me - lol. I am honored that you chose my blog (I am in great company) for the meme, but I have done it already - just don't know which blog I did it - lol. I'll let you know.
BTW - saw that you have a silber medal from the blog olympics. I am hosting June 15th on My Lighter Side. Hope to see you there.

Delia said...

This is a great post! I had fun doing my own and even more fun reading everyone else's.

By the way, the strikethrough thing...all you do is type < then s then > then the word or words then < then / then s then > again. I hope this makes sense to you, lol.

Delia said...

And that info came from Tess at Tess Talks.