Sunday, October 17, 2010

Change

Recently, I've been thinking a lot about change.

Perhaps it is because I am on the downhill side of the HILL.

Perhaps it is because I am recently an "empty-nester."

Perhaps it is because CHANGE is inevitable.

One would think that with more than a 1/2 century of experience with change....I'd be used to it!

But I! Am! Not!

Truth be told, I hate change.

Do you think that has something to do with my resistance to change when it IS necessary?

There are many times in our lives when change is necessary. It seems when we discover that what we are doing is not working--change would be easy. Do something different. And yet, as I review the many changes I have made in my life, I recognize a major stumbling in each change: RESISTANCE.

Why the resistance?

Is it self reliance? Is it stubbornness? Is it denial? Is it loss? Perhaps all...and more.

It has been said that the change occurs when the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change. Whoever said that....understands.

How do you navigate through the fear of change? What is your self-talk as you take that first step away from the familiar and into the unknown?

I'd love to hear your thoughts....for this old dog needs to learn a few new tricks! ;)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I am definitely not the one to ask - you have expressed my feelings exactly!