Thursday, February 05, 2009

God's Mercy

THANKFUL THURSDAY

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

I awoke this Thankful Thursday with a heavy heart; tempted to LAMENT yet again, yet--this verse rang continuously through my mind as I readied myself for another day.

I am so thankful that God's mercy is NEW EVERY MORNING! Why, perhaps because I NEED it every morning! Most assuredly, because of His great faithfulness, but, LORD I need MERCY!

I am thankful for His Word...His living-breathing-word that whispers conviction, hope, redemption, promise and love.

I am so thankful for the family of God! A friend sent me a blessing this week that touched my heart profoundly, "I've been thinking a lot about the scripture that says...whatever your hand touches will be blessed...I believe that applies to you as well. Your hand touches a person...they prosper. Your hand touches a computer to write...your words prosper. It is a VERY BIG promise little lady. Blessings..." Her words of encouragement were a reminder from God--He knows the desire of my heart and has partnered with me with His blessings!

I am thankful for The Internet Cafe Devotion ministry and the award extended to Partners In Prayer for Our Prodigals blogsite this week. Thank you to each of you who stopped by with congratulations and words of encouragement. You are such a blessing to me! You are my "living letters!" ("You show and make obvious that you are a letter from Christ, not written with ink but the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts"
2 Corinthians 3:3).

Isn't gratitude more fun than lamenting!?!?!

Once again, I am thankful for Thankful Thursday--Iris, you bless us with the opportunity spend an entire day in Thankfulness!

No longer am I pleading, "LORD, have mercy?????"

I can now proclaim, "MY LORD HAS MERCY!" Mercy, not because I deserve it, but mercy because it is part of His character. His mercy is new every morning not because I need it but because He is faithful to provide it. All of creation is dependent upon Him--and He has proven Himself faithful, over and over again. As the psalmist wrote, "The LORD is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works." (Psalm 145:9, Amplified)

Kinda' makes you wanna SHOUT! Doesn't it!

May "Mercy, peace, and love be yours in abundance", this THANKFUL THURSDAY!

9 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

It does! Happy Thankful Thursday!!!

Karen said...

Our God is so good! Very encouraging post....

June said...

great Post. Like you I am glad his mercies are new every morning.

Happy TT
June

Denise said...

Blessings to you sweetie.

Bonnie said...

This is why I love Thankful Thursdays. Sometimes I don't even realize what is on my mind until I read it from someone else's perspective. Now I have more to think about and praise Him for tonight. Thank you for sharing your heart!

Unknown said...

I remember it being 9:00 a.m. and the next thing I knew it was 4:00 p.m. so needless to say, I forgot to tell you this yesterday and today until now, so my you receive a double anoiting of blessing.

"You need to hear this at least once a day...'You are such a blessing in the lives of so many. Specifically mine! You are loved, cherished, and valued. May whatever you put your hand to do be blessed!'"

Unknown said...

Wow, Diane,

This TT post makes me want to stand and applaud the Most High.

I am so thankful that God's mercy is NEW EVERY MORNING! Why, perhaps because I NEED it every morning!

Amen... Amen... Amen.

Girl, congrads and I have been watching as the Lord is just doing amazing things all around and in you. Praise be to the Lord. Have a fantastic Fridy. Hugs.

David Edward said...

i am always glad to find another Christian who blogs. Praise God

David Edward said...

And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, "Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain." So God granted him what he requested.
I Chronicles 4:10 NKJV