Proving that I am not so old that I can't do two things at once, I am posting a Thankful Thursday and Thursday's Thirteen--at the same time!!!! ;)
Thirteen things about being 53 (or Thirteen things to be thankful for when you are turning 53!)
1) 53 aint what it used to be! Remember when your parents turned 40 and we thought they were so old! Thankfully, 53 is yesterday's 40! ;)
2) Everyone has started looking so good to me these days. Well, maybe they're not looking better, just blurrier!
3) Quotes by Popeye have become so meaningful: "I y'am what I y'am!" ;)
4) I seem to get more done these days--or maybe it's just that I forget half of what I was suppose to do!
5) Exercise is not a problem, with all the backward walking I do (you know, backward walking--go back to the place you remembered what you were going to get!!!)--I track about 10 miles every day!
6) I discover new delights each day.....like last week when I discovered I was reading a book I had previously read. I just kept reading though, I couldn't remember the ending!
7) There's never a dull moment at 53--if I should get bored, I simply play Connect-the-age-dots on my hands!
8) There's freedom in 53; if you don't want to do something, you don't! After spending decades of lovingly catering to everyone else's needs before your own, at 53 you discover independence from guilt driven sacrifice. (O.k., I may be a slow learner--but this is MY list of 13!)
9) At 53, the need for control disappears. After all, if childbirth and parenting wasn't enough to prove that point--menopause clinches it!
10) Multi-tasking is not a problem at 53--I have discovered I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee my pants all at the same time!
11) At 53, naps become a good thing, once again!
12) At 53, wisdom is more important than being right.
13) At 53, birthdays aren't quite as important as they once were. At 53, I have learned that each day is worthy of celebrating; each day of our lives "has been written in [His] book before one of them came to be" (Psalm 139: 16b). How amazing is God!
For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!" (Psalm 139:13-17)
This is truly an amazing birthday gift....every day of our life! The Creator knows us, He thinks of us, He loves us!