Thursday, October 19, 2006

Oh My Goodness!

I just read the funniest post....and since it always helps-what-hurts-ya....to have a good laugh, I'm sending you this way --> This is a must read!

Seriously, good grief! So glad that hasn't happened to 'ya....aren't you!?!?

Yesterday was a good day. After waiting, not-so-patiently, I went to Outpatient services and did the Breast MRI. Painless test, but interesting exam. The question, "are you claustophobic" was only mildly indicative of the small space that you find yourself in for this exam. As with every MRI, remaining calm and absolutely still is essential for good pictures. No time for a panic attack while inside that doughnut shaped hole closing in on you; the results are dependent on your stillness. The jack-hammer sound of the machine fills your audio senses and with each breath, you can actually fill your chest expanding in the oh-so-small-space that remains between you and the inner part of the circular machine. You're tempted to resort to the age-old standard, "deep cleansing breathes" learned in labor and delivery, but alas, you cannot, as you must remain absolutely still. So you hold closely in the palm of your hand the panic ball they've provided, determined NOT to squeeze the ball, forcing the test to be restarted.

Then, with the grace of a bull in a china shop, you are asked to lay face down with your breasts in two wells. Lovely! All modesty aside, after all, you have waited
f-o-r-e-v-e-r for this opportunity, you comply. This part of the test is 20 minutes in duration, so it is important that you place your face comfortably on the lift provided. Ankles on a pillow, small of your back sloping in a downward pull, breasts in a well lifting your chest and your face plastered into a cushioned face-squishing lift. Get the picture...now you're ready for the 2nd half of the exam.

Assured that I will get the results within 2-3 business days, I assessed the status of my scrunched-up face (why do the lines last longer the older we get!) and I walk out of the Outpatient building having exercised my faith. Faith, that no matter the results, I know who my Redeemer is. I hate exercise! And, like you, I do not willingly sign up to exercise my faith. Each time we face an uncertainty, we are offered the opportunity to get-to-know the One who is our certainty! My faith is bolstered, not in anything I may or may not do. It is strengthened by the very One I run to with each and every heart cry. We have such a glorious LORD, don't we!

And speaking of victory.....check out Sally's Update; my mother-of-my-heart has made some amazing progress. We are thanking God today for all of His loving care. And, I am thanking God for using each of you to minister to me and my extended family throughout these trying times. Sometimes I am tempted to look solely on the trial, but when I lift my eyes and look upward, oh my goodness, there is so much to be thankful for!

No comments: