While my lip swelling has reduced and my nostrils are once again even, the drooling has stopped and the bruises are healing; my front teeth still hurt to the bone. Good news is-- they no longer wobble!
- Hubby has returned home from London (sigh) and 14 year old is still enjoying the first days of summer at the cabin with his sister and brother-in-law! Thankfully, the dogs are there too!
- My eye sight isn't what it used to be, but I have seen some great miracles this week!
- I continue to refill my canteen daily--it has made a difference!
- We have much to be thankful for--topping the list--Dawn's son came home! With Dawn's permission and handy computer skills (Dawn, you really must start blogging--we had a blog-full of party guests that would like to visit you daily!), I have tried three times to upload the photo she sent of Kevin--blogger isn't cooperating. I will try again later and post when allowed!
- In the meantime, I will post something I found blog-surfing yesterday. This is a powerful description of the difference between giving up and letting go, found at Fisherman for Christ. Check this out--in the short time he has been blogging, it is clear, he packs a powerful punch! Today's post is entitled, "What can storms teach us."
Giving up and Letting Go!!
"Giving up implies a struggle---
Letting go implies a partnership.
Giving up dreads the future--
Letting go looks forward to the future.
Giving up lives out of fear---
Letting go lives out of grace and trust.
Giving up is a defeat--
Letting go is a victory.
Giving up is unwillingly yielding control
to forces beyond myself--
Letting go is choosing to yield to forces beyond myself.
Giving up believes that God cannot help--
Letting go trust in God to care and to carry!!"
(By Hank Dunn)
- For Kevin, for his family, for me, for all of us--this description is empowering. Letting go of a loved one or a relentless situation is nearly impossible, unless we surrender to the One who is the Victory! My prayer for Kevin is that he will remember these words as he faces unknown trials and temptations as he walks forward in his victory! My prayer for each parent who loves a wayward child, is that we will feel the powerful difference between giving up.....and Letting go to God.
It has been a very good week; in spite of Bloggers continued glitches. But that really is life, isn't it? It is about living victoriously in a world filled with battle. It is about persevering through each roadblock because we know we are not walking alone. It is about living in partnership with the One who loves us! A few glitches can't get us down--after all, His desire is to continually lift us up!
Yes, it has been a very good week. Now, if I could only figure out what's up with those serpents!